Create competitive advantage through the design, development, and deployment of innovative technical solutions. Reporting directly to the CIO, you’ll be a member of the Solutions Engineering Team working with both internal and external customers to develop solutions, and manage and administer the Agio Monitoring System (AMS) supporting company objectives. In this role individual is required to demonstrate sound technical administration, and superior interpersonal skills playing a vital role in designing, enhancing, integrating and scaling new technology solutions integrated with AMS
OBJECTIVES – YEAR ONE
- Upgrade AMS backend environment. Add DR, Development, and Demo environment
- Add data archiving policy management by each client
- Add new features to AMS – Create default monitoring packages including Synthetic Transactions for:
- Active Directory, Exchange, SQL ,IIS, Citrix
- Job Monitoring (Active Batch, AutoSys)
- Application Log Monitoring
- EMC SAN (VMAX, VNX)
- Eze OMS
- Create default reports and dashboards
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Environment Overview
- SSAE-16 Audit Reports (Account Lockout, Failed Logins, Change Mgmt)
- AMS Integration – Integrate with external systems
- Populate CMDB from external data source
- Managed Security Services Integration
- Assist in creation of SOC. Work with SOC Engineer to configure SIEM module in AMS– rules, alerts, reports, dashboards
- Configure Vulnerability Management in AMS
- Provide support and management of AMS environment and coordinate all issues and new features requests, and system upgrades with AccelOps.
- Develop, test, and implement solutions in AMS that match the requirements.
- Develop and write parsers and new rules package for new device type.
- Train internal and external users on how to use the new features.
- Review external technologies and products for their applicability to integrate with AMS for new feature requests. Compare various solutions and implement the one most appropriate for the project and company.
- Provide Level 3 support for Client requests and issues.
NOT PART OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Client Implementations – Client Service will implement and onboard new clients into AMS – (Owner: PMO)
- Client Support – Level 1 & Level 2 support will be handled by Client Services (Owner: Level 1- CST, Level 2 – CSE)
- Client Requests – Creating new rules or updating rules for existing devices, creating new reports and dashboards or creating client specific synthetic transactions will be handled by Client Services (Owner: CSE)
EXPECTATIONS (SUCCESS CRITERIA)
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in working with different departments, product management, development, engineering and operations to develop, implement and support solutions. Negotiate with all stakeholders to define solutions that meet Agio’s needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to architectural goals and principles.
- Work on multiple projects at the same time with aggressive timelines.
- Maintain clear, regular communication with all stakeholders throughout the process.
- Research new software and hardware products or services, and find best solutions and prices to meet business requirements.
- Engage and work with members from other teams to successfully test and implement the solutions.
- Develop relationships with vendors and manage the vendor interface
WEEK IN A LIFE OF
50% – System Administration
- Manage production environment– Address system and performance issues
- Follow up and work with AccelOps on troubleshooting open issues and new requests
- Implement DR/DEV environment
- Implement data archiving policies
- Create and maintain a demo environment with capability to display all functionality
- Storage (EMC, NetApp), Exchange, SQL, Business Summaries, Cloud Applications, Desktops, VoIP, etc.
25% – Create Reports and Dashboards
- Service Packages – Standardize reports and dashboards package for each service offering
- NOC View – Work on developing reports/dashboard for Agio Internal (NOC View)
20% – Develop and Implement New Features
- Scripting – Write custom parsers
- Development and integration of new features
- File Monitoring
- Job Monitoring
- Synthetic Transactions
- SalesForce Integration
5% – Training
- Hold internal training (once every two weeks)
- Conduct one on one training as required.
- Windows 2003 and 2008 clustering.
- MS SQL Server, FTP, VMware, BES, MSFT Exchange
- Unix/Linux systems